Saturday 23 February 2013

Good timing

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."  (Isaiah 40:31)

Don't you love a well placed devotional?  A thought or idea you needed at exactly that moment?  This one came to me yesterday after a few linked moments in the day led me there.  I woke up feeling sluggish and run down with some recent events.  I was feeling like throwing up my hands in the air and just walking away from it all. I felt like I had been putting all my strength into this area and getting absolutely nothing in return for all my efforts.  I am one busy mom and I don't have time to waste an iota of energy.

As I was lying in bed stewing in these thoughts, I jumped on my ipod to do my morning check of emails/Facebook/blogs.  (I only ever get to do this while lying in bed nursing in the morning and nighttime.)  Nothing new had really beed written, which always bums me out.  Then it jumped into my mind that I wished I had a daily devotional blog of some sort that could feed me a morning spiritual breakfast.  I know I could easily read a scripture passage on my own, but my mind is never clear enough to make anything of it first thing in the morning.  (I like to do my daily devotions during afternoon nap, sort of like a mid-day pick-me-up.)

Downstairs was calling and I jumped up and hit the ground running.  Three hours later, in the car, I flipped on a radio program and they were interviewing a woman who had written a new book.  I only had 3 minutes in the car, and didn't get to hear much at all, but in the intro of the woman they mentioned her website as a "devotional place for young wives and mothers."

BOOM.  Answer to a prayer, just like that.  And not even a formal prayer, just a wish on my lips that reached heavenward without the real formal aspects we come to associate with prayer.

I came home and later that night found the website.  Sure enough, the very first thing that popped up on the home page was: read a daily devotional.

I clicked in.  The scripture I wrote above, Isaiah 40:31, was the passage the writer was focusing on.  And it was exactly what I needed to hear.

I'm so grateful for all those out there who write what they are inspired to write, and when they are inspired to write.  It may seem strange that one person writing one thing can touch so many people.  It just goes to show how closely connected we are as a human race, and how even though our problems seem so diverse,  they are all connected by the same human emotions.  And how they can all be healed by the one divine healing balm.

No comments: