Wednesday 19 February 2014

Benjaminugget

Playing "hospital" with Benjamin.

Mom: I have a fever, and my stomach hurts.
Benjamin: Let me see.  (listening with a stethoscope)  Hmm.  You have an ant in your stomach.
Mom: Oh no!  Is it serious?
Benjamin: Yes.  You need to see 12 doctors.

(Benjamin wheels away his medical cart and returns once more.)

Benjamin: I am the second doctor.  I will look into your throat.
Mom: Ahhhhhhhhh. (tongue out)
Benjamin: Ooh, it's really bad.
Mom: Yes, my stomach really hurts.
Benjamin: I will get the next doctor.

(leaves and returns.)

Benjamin: I am the third doctor.  I will take your temperature. (does so)
Mom: Do I still have a fever?
Benjamin: Yes.  It's six thousand.  (His favourite number.)
Mom: Yikes!
Benjamin: I will get the next doctor.

(leaves and returns.)

Benjamin: I am doctor number 12.
Mom: What happened to the others?
Benjamin: Doctors 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11?  They're dead.
Mom: Dead!  What happened?
Benjamin: They had ants in their stomachs.

No comments: