Tuesday 20 May 2014

Enough with the chocolate already

Lately I have turned to chocolate as a survival mechanism for the lack of sleep I'm getting.  But my body is starting to reject that now.  Mentally I know it's terrible for me.  I'm not usually one with a sweet tooth.  I don't buy cookies or candy or chocolate or chips or treats regularly.  I skip those aisles completely at the grocery store.  But if I'm out running an errand I find myself throwing something in the cart at the checkout, and way more often than is good for me.

Now that the good weather is here, I'm hoping to substitute biking and walking for chocolate.  I find the physical activity stimulates me the same way a sugar kick does.  Actually, the real answer is to start sleeping more than two or three hours a day, and hopefully that will come soon also.

No comments: