Tuesday 26 January 2016

Oh computer trouble

It's been a month since I've written...because I was having trouble getting into the writing posts part of my account.  I never did fix the problem but I've found a work around.

So many times I've sat down with little thoughts and ideas, inspirations, books, frustrations, trials and victories.  Now I feel like they are gone with the wind.

January has passed like the months before.  Supply teaching, writing, parenting, music.

I sent in Juliette's kindergarten registration this week.  Perhaps it was a good thing that we had had a particularly hard day together (it's been like that for a while.)  She spent the majority of the afternoon and evening yelling at me, unhappy with everything around her.  So as I filled in the registration I wasn't feeling all that emotional.  But come September I am guessing I'll feel differently.

Colin and Caleb are firmly entrenched in rep soccer.  Right now it's two nights a week, but things will get complicated come the summer.  The current schedule has all four kids having their soccer game on Wednesday night.  I'm not sure how that will pan out, given that Colin's are travel games to nearby cities.  But such are the joys of four children.  I love that they have this talent and love as part of their identity.  James and I have talked often about how navigating the high school years is much easier when you have a "thing."  Too many teens are floating aimlessly in their free time, which can lead to trouble.  I had both field hockey and the theatre, and both of these things helped me find friends with common interests, and kept my nose in the books (if your grades slip you aren't allowed to participate in extra-curricular activities.)

Benjamin is trying his best to catch up with his older brothers, and I fear he may never quite manage.  He always seems to be in between, oscillating between his older brothers and Juliette.  We're working hard on helping him find his own place in the family (that will hopefully eliminate the whining!)

I've been supply teaching quite a bit, so much so that I feel like a real part of the staff at the local school.  I know most of the teachers now, and I feel quite comfortable settling into a chair in the staff room and participating in conversation.  My hope is that I will be able to teach at that very school when I graduate.

And finally, I'm well on my way on my first publishing goal.  As chance (providence) would have it, a group of women in a church Facebook group were looking for a scripture study program.  I offered mine, as a sort of test pilot.  They are eager, which means that as of Monday I'm on the hook for posting one entry per day, 5 days a week for 8 weeks.  I'm nearly through the second edit, which will make it ready for this study.  When I finish at the end of March, I will take all the final comments and suggestions, make a final edit and submit by April 30!

No comments: