Sunday 3 June 2012

Being useful

After James and the boys got home from church today, James came in to give me the weekly report on things that had happened.  As it turns out, there are more than a few people who are experiencing some difficulties (health or otherwise) and are in need of help.  James' off-hand comment was "So you need to hurry up and have this baby and get better - there are women in the church who need you!"

I can't say how nice it was to think about being needed.  I have been out of every facet of life for eight months now, and I am only too aware of how life goes on for others while my days grow stagnant from lying in bed in illness.  It is uplifting to think how near the end is, and how I can feel useful once again.  I am excited to pass along the gentle kindness of friends and strangers of which I have been the recipient.

No comments: