Monday 25 June 2012

Hit the wall

Late night nursing.  Oh yeah.  I sort of forgot about this.  Luckily Juliette is a fantastic nurser and was nursing lying next to me in bed from the very beginning.  No need to get up, turn on the light and start a whole, big, long process that wakes me up in the middle of the night.

Then again, it's 4:30 in the morning right now and I'm writing on the blog after nursing.  I have been sitting up, turning on the light and nursing her anyway.  And I haven't even hit that sleep deprivation wall yet.

Maybe it's 7 years of ongoing interrupted sleep.  Maybe it's a massive store of energy from being sick.  Maybe it will hit me in a week or two, or maybe even tomorrow (or tomorrow's tomorrow.)  For now I'm nursing in front of the computer, catching up with friends on Facebook and watching TV episodes on Netflix.

New mom things.  Love it.

No comments: