Wednesday 27 June 2007

Turtle on a Fencepost

"If you come across a turtle sitting on a fencepost, you can be sure of one thing - it didn't get there by itself."

I came across this humbling thought today and the imagery of it really stuck with me. I think of all the things I've done in my life, who I've become and the blessings I've been given, and I truly feel like a turtle on a fencepost. There is no way I got where I am today by myself. I know there are those who believe the earth exists today because everything just happened to align just right at the exact perfect moment. For me, in my life, it seems a bigger stretch to believe that all the elements just fell perfectly into place, rather than believe in a high power watching out for me.

So as I sit here on my fencepost, maybe feeling that I'm teetering a little and not quite sure how on earth I'll get to the next point of my life, I take comfort in knowing I don't have to get to the next post on my own.

No comments: