Monday 3 December 2007

Beautiful Blanket of White

It's cold. Bitingly cold. The kind of cold that hits you in the face and sticks with you for hours. But it's beautiful. Having lived in Toronto for the past few years, and especially since we lived right on the lake, we saw very little snow. It was never a white Christmas, and only rarely did we have to deal with treacherous driving conditions. In Orangeville, we shoveled four times before December hit! We're now living in what is called the "Snow Belt", which means that we will get a good snow each time the weather turns. We love it.

I've never been an outdoor winter person. I never ski and rarely skate. I haven't been tobogganing since I was a teen. If I have to venture out, I'm wearing at least 4 layers of clothing, plus a parka, hat, scarf, gloves, boots - it takes me longer to dress than most kids! But it sure is beautiful to look out at from the warmth of my living room.

There is something magical about snow that sets the mood for this season. And I just think all the "suffering" might be worth it.

(Ask me again in three months what I think!)

No comments: