Wednesday 11 July 2012

A week of silence

A whole week has gone by without posting...unusual for my thoughts to stay silent for so long.  But the past week Juliette has been ill, and on Monday it landed us first in the ER and then admitted to the pediatrics ward, which is where we still are.  Hopefully we'll be discharged tomorrow morning.  All is much better, and it was nothing too serious, but am I ever grateful for the medical care we have in this country.  To be able to see a doctor at the drop of a hat, to be able to get the tests we need when we need them, to have a pediatrician dropping in every day, and to be able to stay all week without wondering if our bank account can afford it.  We are blessed indeed.

Many thoughts are swirling around in my head, thoughts provoked by friends and books and blogs.  But I will get to all that later.  For now I'm getting back to cuddles with my baby.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

So you're home and everything is fine?