Monday 29 July 2013

Little town

There is something in me that has always yearned for the country.

But today, I needed to do a quick cut on my mitre saw that my sister-in-law had borrowed.  So we hopped in the car with the wood, drove five minutes, cut the piece, and came home.

On the way, I dropped off a cup of coconut to a friend who needed some for a recipe.

Last week we had friends over for dinner, and had two surprise drop-ins from other in-town friends to borrow items from us.  Each stayed for a half hour visit to chat and let the kids run around.

This wonderful idea of community is only possible because we live in town.  It's giving me seconds thoughts about so passionately pursuing country-living.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good! Keep thinking that way because we're not giving you guys up to the country without a fight. :-P