Monday 14 May 2007

And Baby Makes Four

It's been a while since I've published here, and for my procrastination I apologize. However I hope that I may say it's been for a good reason. I've been ill and in bed for two months now. It's been painful, unpleasant and downright boring, but the good news is that the result of it all will be a new addition to the family come November! That's right, Baby Gawthroupe is expected to arrive November 11, 2007. We're all very excited, and impatient for my speedy recovery!

The Martins have been pulling double duty in their roles as Grandparents and Aunts. They have unselfishly scheduled that one of them can come down every weekday when James leaves for work, to watch Colin. Then they take him up to their house in Caledon East for the weekend, so that James can try and keep up the house also, and get to all his Sunday meetings. I don't know how we would have made it this far otherwise!

Colin is taking it well. He has become "Daddy's little shadow". It is so adorable to see James go by the bedroom door and Colin pattering on faithfully behind him. Back and forth I see them go, one in the footsteps of the other. This may actually be new to some of you - Colin finally decided it was time to get up and walk. Well, get up and run. There's no going anywhere slowly for this one. I can't wait until I'm well enough to take him on a walk. He has discovered he was born for the outdoors and can't get enough of being outside.

I hope to be a little more diligent in writing now, as I seem to have enough strength to spend a few minutes writing on our laptop, in bed. And I pray that I'll soon be well enough to get out and enjoy the weather, not just watch it from the window!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love the way you talked about how Colin is his dad's shadow. If Colin grows up to mirror the man his dad is, he will be a really good man! James follows in the footsteps of Jesus so Colin, by following in his dad's footsteps, can only being doing all the right things.

I love the fact that Colin loves the outdoors - just like his Ma and Pa! It will be so much fun taking Colin camping and hiking just like we did with his mom! :-)