Wednesday 6 May 2009

Don't Buy Stuff

Here is a post today on a site I like to frequent, Heavenly Homemakers. She says it so well, I'll just let her say it.


Don't Buy Stuff.

That’s it. My title is my post. Don’t buy stuff…that’s all I have to say.

When Kristen, the hostess of "Works for Me Wednesdays", asked us to share our favorite frugal tips…Don’t Buy Stuff is the best thing I could come up with.

When you buy stuff, you have to pay for it with money. And then you have to find a place to put it once you bring it home. And it won’t stay where you put it because someone will get it out and not put it away. And then it will get lost. Or broken. Or forgotten.

Buy food. You need to eat.

Splurge on toilet paper. It’s very useful.

Invest in soap…using soap is good.

But don’t buy stuff.

You’ll save a lot of money.

And…if you didn’t really need it in the first place, you won’t even miss it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, such a simple concept and it's amazing how many people, including myself, don't get it. I'm only just figuring it all out myself. Now if someone could tell my brother...

Em T said...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1389/saturday-night-live-dont-buy-stuff#s-p1-st-i0
:)

Terri-Ann said...

Emily - that clip is one of our favs. We rarely watch SNL anymore, but we did catch that one when it aired!