Wednesday 13 April 2011

NILMDTS

Sometimes I feel so inadequate in the life I am living.

I wish I could give more. More time. More talent. More me.

I must reassure myself over and over that the desire I have within must suffice for now, at this moment in my life. That desire will help me know and recognize when an opportunity comes my way when I can love and serve others in a way that will make a difference.

A local photographer here in town is a part of the charity "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep." If you are pregnant or a new mother, you may want to stop reading here, or grab a big box of tissues and have your husband standing nearby. This is an organization that offers free professional photography sessions to parents who have lost a baby. At arguably the most heart-wrenching moment of a woman's life, these wonderful volunteers are helping to preserve the memory of a tiny baby that spent so little time on earth with their family. I clicked onto their website and was moved to tears in minutes.

It inspired me. I wished so earnestly that I was a professional photographer so that I could serve in such a meaningful way. I wished I could go wake each of my boys up one by one and just sit and hold them in my arms. It makes me long to live differently tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. Moments like these are wake up calls to me, calls to forget the details of each day, to embrace each gift of a day and make a difference somehow.

May that desire never leave me, so that I can find the way God wants to use me.

No comments: