Thursday 3 July 2008

Happy day!

We did it! Last night, Caleb went from 10:30pm until 7:30am without breastfeeding, and sleeping in his crib!

He woke up at 2:00, at which time I shook James awake to try and give him a bottle of formula. But by the time James got out of bed, went downstairs to mix the bottle and came back up, Caleb had fallen back asleep. He woke again at 4:30, at which time I stumbled out of bed to rescue James, and let him know I was willing to breastfeed. But there Caleb was on the change table, getting a diaper change and sucking at the bottle! So I assured James that he had everything under control and went back to bed.

Caleb woke again at 7:30 in the morning.
And slept the entire night in his crib.
Oh happy day, all is well!

We'll try this method again tonight. Then the two night after that the boys will be with my parents while James and I enjoy a little local getaway. My hopes are that come Sunday night, Caleb might be settling into this new routine. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: