Thursday 17 July 2008

A Woman's Heart

I'm teaching a Sunday School lesson this Sunday that has been sitting on my mind for the past few days. The subject is obedience, which seems to be a fairly obvious discussion. And yet one line gave me pause, and readjusted my view on the whole idea of obedience.

The line said that obedience was not a matter of doing what God has asked of us.

I stopped as I read that, a little confused. The passage had no further explanation on this point, but it left me wondering what is the whole meaning of obedience, then.

The answer came not in the passage, but simply rested on my mind later that day. It's a matter of the heart.

It doesn't matter what you're doing, if the principle of your action is not written on your heart. If you don't truly believe what you are doing, if you don't have complete trust in it, then it's fruitless. Obedience is a state of mind, a position of your soul, a strength of spirit. We choose to obey because we love God.

I believe when your faith is etched in stone, then "obedience" comes naturally. We are aligning ourselves with a Heavenly Father, our will with his. We seek to know his will and are willing to do it. We are rediscovering a divine heritage. The veil between this life and the next is paper thin.

I feel a new self being quietly born this evening. Something is emerging in me. Nothing has changed, only cemented itself.

The following are lyrics to a beautiful song that was playing as I was pondering on these thoughts. Being a "teacher and defender of the truth" spoke volumes to me, as I realized the strength and courage and steadfastness one needs to defend something. I need to "stand strong and immovable" in the truth I know. I am discovering the power that truly stands behind the role of woman in this life.

"A Woman's Heart"

Morning comes and finds her on her knees

The Spirit speaks and she is listening
She offers everything her soul can give
To make a difference through the life she lives
Her faith holds her family close
She understands what matters most
And her gentle touch is where love starts
That's the way of a woman's heart

She's a keeper of the vision
She's a beacon in the night
A teacher and defender of the truth
And everything she touches
Bears the traces of her light
She's faithful to what God Himself would do

She's a friend to the lonely and the lost
Everyday another bridge to cross
Her hands of mercy know the healer's art
That's the way of a woman's heart

She's a keeper of the vision
She's a beacon in the night
A teacher and defender of the truth
And everything she touches
Bears the traces of her light
She's faithful to what God Himself would do

Evening comes and finds her on her knees
She softly speaks and He is listening
The sweet assurance that she's done her part
She weeps in His peace
And that's the way of a woman's heart

1 comment:

denise said...

hi.. i really love this song... hope i can download this song here... thank you for posting this one