This week's challenge was not just another sewing project, although you could view it that way. I have a tendency to try my hand at something and then never pick it up again. And so, when I lugged my sewing machine upstairs to sew my skirt, I decided I would get something else sewn at the same time.
When I bought the material for the skirt, they had the same pattern in brown, which I also picked up. Not wanting to make another identical skirt, I decided to put my hand to making an apron. After ruining several shirts and pants with sauce and oil splatter, it's time I made good use of this time-honoured piece of clothing.
I browsed online but couldn't find anything like what I was envisioning. And so, I drew up the pattern myself. My rough sketch was on a little notepad, and the only measurements were the numbers I scribbled beside each line. It took a little over a day (in the life of a mom, which means a few minutes here, a few minutes there to work on it!) and I was so pleased with the final product!
Now, to be honest, it's a little big in the top, and my thread kept bunching up, but these small imperfections are things only I would notice.
(The brown ribbon is what ties around my waist. The patchwork squares are inspired by the baby blanket I made a while back)