Wednesday 13 October 2010

It's Christmas time and time for a carol...

It's that time of year again! I know many of you are cursing me for mentioning this but two days past Thanksgiving, but I gratefully have a reasonable excuse to jump into the holiday spirit. This year I am directing a nativity pageant for the city of Brampton, and writing/rehearsing the Christmas service for my church! Both of these require much practice on the part of the participants, which means I need to get a nice, early jumpstart on the scripts. Which means I get to crack open my Christmas songbooks and play my Christmas CDs!

Our calendar is filling up quickly, but that doesn't make me anxious in the least, as it otherwise might. Christmas is my favourite time of year; the only time of year when I more than tolerate the cold weather and snow, for what is Christmas without rosy cheeks and a chill in the night sky and softly falling snowflakes?

So if there are any other Christmas enthusiasts nearby, feel free to drop in for an early taste of the season, a little Christmas sing-a-long round the piano, and a mug of hot chocolate.

(And yes, I've even already begun my Christmas shopping!)

1 comment:

Em T said...

AH, I want to come over! But only for a couple of days;)

It's almost 80F outside, so I'm not really feeling the fall, nevermind the holiday spirit.