Monday 22 August 2011

Life (2)

It's funny. I've felt strong all this morning. A few tears for my grandfather, but I've always been strong when it comes to the trials of life.

But although there have been no breakdowns, things still aren't quite right. I have a big camping trip I'm packing and preparing for, and a dinner for 50 to cook, freeze and store, and the house is upside down with all the activity, and I'm behind on the laundry...I've had a good six hours of the day so far, and yet things are sort of only half getting done. On a normal day this kind of to-do list would really get me in gear, rev me up, and I'd attack the list with vigor. But today there has been no order, no list in fact. The best word to describe me right now is distracted.

It's amazing how times like these seem to slow your mind down, while time marches on.

On another note, I randomly discovered my cousin has been working on my grandfather's memoir. That was a very quick answer to the prayer of the broken-hearted (in my earlier post this morning.) I have always felt that I would love to turn his story into a film, and knowing that his memoir has been written is an inspiration again for me in this endeavor.

I turned to my guitar this morning for a little healing and comfort, and found beauty once again in the lyrics of this song. So grateful for the soothing balm of music.


"Blessed Be Your Name"

Blessed Be Your Name

In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
You give and take away

You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

No comments: