Friday 12 August 2011

Someday we'll know why

Sometimes it's so hard to see the tragedy that touches people's lives. I have friends, a husband and wife, who just let people know that their 4 year old son, the miracle son they thought they could never have, has been diagnosed with leukemia. They have been an inspiration to me as parents, and their son truly is such a special gem. I have never seen two people more devoted to a child, more selfless in offering their time to teach him, more consistent and diligent in fulfilling their roles as mother and father. My heart shattered into pieces on the floor when I read the message they sent. I immediately sent up a silent prayer, for their son in his fight, for the father to have strength, and for the mother, who is expecting another little miracle baby girl very soon.

The only comfort I could find was in the words "someday, we'll know why."

3 comments:

Mom said...

I don't even know your friend, but my heart aches for her. I can't even imagine what she is going through. I hope she has faith that will help her move through this stage of her life. I am grateful that she has another little life growing within her. I have thought a number of time 'why' about something and I feel the same way you do (I will find out one day). That thought makes me feel like I can get through whatever it is I am going through. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have about this.

heather80 said...

A little boy at my daycare just got through two bone marrow transplants to beat leukemia, and it was looking bleak, but he is now in remission and doing great. There is hope.

My mom beat it 14 years ago, and the research and treatments have come so far since.

There is hope.

Terri-Ann said...

Heather - thank you so much for those words of encouragement. Even though they live far away, we are able to follow his journey online. Every day I hold my kids a little tighter and a little longer while I pray for this boy.