Wednesday 15 June 2011

Dabbling in visual art

I've never been a big visual artist, but I received a book called "The Artistic Mother" for Christmas that has me somewhat excited. My new bathroom walls are still bare, waiting for some original art or photographs by yours truly. I thought a long time about what to hang in there, knowing I did want art of some kind. But the more I thought about buying some art from a local store (Winners, Home Sense, etc.) the more I thought it was too impersonal. I mean, I could buy a piece of generic art because I like it, but it doesn't really mean that much to me or my family.

So the walls are still bare, waiting for my ideas to take shape. I do have one thing I already want to do, I just need to coordinate it (it involves finding someone with a really nice camera to come and take a photograph here with my family.) The second place I want something I haven't figured what to put there yet.

I am also dabbling a little in digital arts. I'm working on a (secret!) project right now that I am absolutely loving. I've had some years of experience playing around in Photoshop, which is so much fun. And a project I've wanted to do for a while has finally been coming together over the past few days, and I hope the final product will be as neat as the process has been.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm no photographer, but I do have a particularly nice camera, and I'd be happy to take some pictures of you guys if you like.

Terri-Ann said...

Sounds great! We'll have to have you over for a Saturday barbecue, and perhaps we can grab it then.

Jenn said...

Sounds great!