Wednesday 1 June 2011

I don't wanna work...

...I just wanna bang on my drum all day.

And now I can!

Yes, I bought a drum. Okay, not a big drum set (although I did see a junior size one in our music store last fall, on a really really good sale, and seriously considered purchasing it for the boys! Yes, I am that kind of mom.) It's about as big and as heavy as Benjamin. And yes, it is a real hand-carved drum. I found it in our local outlet store, a place that carries whatever comes in. There are some fantastic and unique items in there, as well as handmade furniture by local artists. It's hard to go in with kids since the place is packed and everything is at baby-level and so much is breakable.

But today I went in because I bought a coupon that expired today. So there I was, wondering if I would pick up some decor for the house or cushions for the couch or a gift for Father's day...when I turned the last corner and saw this awesome drum! It will be fun for the boys and perfect for my children's music classes. It's worth over $100 and I paid $35. I can't wait to put it to good use!

No comments: